NSN # 6510-01-606-7097
Key features of the SAM® Chest Seal include its strong adhesive and its flexible construction which allows conformability over the wound. The adhesive properties have been tested to simulate various environments including adhesion to hair, sweat, blood, in the presence of sand, submersion in water, and during extended wear. The chest seal also adheres under extreme heat and cold.
This version features a one-way valve, when its cap is removed. The one-way valve provides for low resistance flow of air out of the chest cavity while preventing ingress. The valve is also designed to prevent blockage internally. With the cap in place, the dressing is occlusive.
The domed shape of the valve was specially designed to prevent obstruction of the air channels from items such as blankets, clothing, and body armor.
With its ultimate use in global combat zones, the SAM® Chest Seal is optimized for night vision. Both the packaging and chest seal can be viewed under no light conditions with the use of a night vision device. This allows for easier placement in all light conditions.
- Latex free
- Dual tabs to facilitate placement and removal of dressing
- Vacuum packed tear and peel pouch
- Works under extreme heat and cold
- Dressing and packaging are night vision optimized
- Elastic for conformability of curved body surfaces
- Oval shape with thin edge layer that resists lifting or peeling
- Rapid, highly absorbent 5" x 9" pad included
- One-way valve provides for low resistance airflow out of chest cavity while preventing ingress
- Valve is designed to prevent blockage internally
- Valve is designed to prevent blockage caused by external items such as a blanket
- Cap allows occlusive option
- Made in USA
Chest seal size: 9.2" x 7.6"
Package dimensions: 6.25" x 10" x .75"
Package weight: 2.3 oz.
One 5" x 9" pad per pouch
SAM Chest Seal - Vented
- Brand: North American Rescue / Z-Medica / EliteFirstAid
- Product Code: SAMCHEST20
- Availability: 10
- Ex Tax: 24.79€